Bluefin Bay has consistently been voted Minnesota’s Favorite Resort and we are the employer of choice on the North Shore.
The Sous Chef will assist the culinary team in the supervision of the kitchen operation, management of culinary employees, and in the creation and costing of menus. This kitchen and the leaders of the culinary operation are responsible for the quality execution of all food going out to clients.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job with or without some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• To ensure that all items are prepared and ready for service at each meal period.
• To assist and support each section area, ensuring the flair, creativity and quality standards.
• To ensure that waste of all food items during food preparation is kept to a minimum.
• To assist and train line cooks.
• To ensure the proper storage of all food items according to health and safety regulations.
• To assist in maximizing employee morale and productivity.
• To work in any section of the kitchen when necessary or as requested by the Head Chef.
• To become familiar with all sections of the kitchen to facilitate the flexible use of employees.
• To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
• Ensure workstations are cleaned down at the end of a meal period and food is stored away in the appropriate manner
• Organizing and being part of deep cleaning in various area and times of the month.
• Ensure kitchen and food preparation areas are left clean and sanitized when unattended.
• Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures.
• Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
• Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
• Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Supervise employees during shift and in opening/closing duties.
• Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
• Assist with Inventory completion and help control cost procedures.
• Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
• Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client and company.
• Willingness to set a high standard in the kitchen through leading by example.
• Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Multi-unit experience working in a restaurant, group/catering and events with revenue volumes above $3M.
• Minimum of 5+ years in a hospitality management position.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Ability to lead, motivate and empower employees.
• Ability to set goals, create plans and take the correct actions.
• Ensure attractive presentation and quality of all food and dishes, menu planning.
• Willingness to set a high standard in the kitchen through leading by example
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by leader.
• Able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
• Able to understand product ordering and receiving.
• Must possess superb knife skills.
• Must remain consistently self-driven and innovative while staying committed to become an industry leader.
• Must be willing to participate in the expansion of banquet and catering operations.
• Strong diagnostic, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must understand accounting and supply chain functions.
• Familiarity with industry standard technologies and programs.
• Experience working with grilled meats and other items.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take initiative.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Current Food Service Manager certification.
• Ability to understand and apply principles of all Food & Beverage metrics of measurement.
• Available to work a varied schedule that will include evenings, holidays and weekends.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
• Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
• Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
• Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
7192 W Hwy 61, PO Box 2125
- 29 Hits
- Since 01-12-21
- Posted by Ana Koch
North Shore Health has a 16 hour per pay period position available in the Dietary Department for a cook. The cook position is responsible for food service in healthcare which includes the following, but is not limited to: preparing meals, stocking…
Seeking gracious, sales & hospitality-minded candidates for our award winning team. This Front Desk position involves tasks such as greeting and interacting with guests, taking reservations, checking guests in and out, responding to guest questions and…
Blue Water Cafe is always looking for help in the kitchen. If you like to cook and work with a great team, contact Dan via email or text at email@example.com or 218-370-9357 or just stop in to apply.
In-home child care for 2 children ages 3 and 5, boy and girl. 1 or 2 days a week, preferably Thursdays and/or Fridays. Mother will be home, but needs help as she is recovering from Long-Covid. Both children and father have had Covid and have recovered. …