Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts has consistently been voted Minnesota’s Favorite Resort and we are the employer of choice on the North Shore. We offer full time and part time positions, onsite housing, competitive wages, flexible scheduling, full-time benefits, full-time vacation and personal days and resort discounts.
Job Title: Director of Accounting
Reports To: General Manager and Owners
This position is the financial controller for BFB Management LLC (operating Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts), Tofte Hospitality Company (AmericInn), and several other related associations. The position reports directly to the Owner and General Manager but also works very closely with all department managers and other office employees.
Essential duties and responsibilities as follows: (Other duties may be assigned when necessary.)
• Work with managers to prepare and track budgets, and drive cost savings programs.
• Work with managers to assure proper accounting of inventories.
• Perform cost analysis for various projects.
• Ensure proper procedures and reporting of daily cash activities.
• Oversee payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
• Prepare and ensure accuracy of condo owner statements.
• Coordinate with external accounting team preparation of monthly profit/loss and balance sheet statements for management and associations. • Gather requested materials for various audits. • Responsible for cash flow anticipation and management.
• Oversee all departmental spending so that it complies with budgeted levels and current cash flow.
• Oversee bidding process of insurance needs. Maintain records of current insurance policies.
• Generates weekly informative statements of sales and labor costs for use at departmental meetings.
• Partner with managers on department and companywide projects.
• Supervise responsibilities and workload of office staff including payroll and accounts payable clerk, cash counters, and data entry workers.
• Ensure that all departments have the necessary equipment and resources to function smoothly.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or 10 years relevant experience.
Required Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Cost Consciousness: Displays a commitment to performing all tasks in a cost conscious manner; develops and implements cost saving measures, helps plan and assist department managers in developing and implementing cost saving measures within their respective
• Planning/Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources as needed; sets goals and objectives; organizes and schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Problem Solving Skills: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity: Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
• Job-related skills: Extensive experience and knowledge of accounting reports including but now limited to balance sheets, profit/loss statements, and cash flow summaries; ability to read and interpret these reports; ability to explain these reports to others.
• Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents; ability to write routine reports and business correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees; ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situation, ability to listen and ask questions for clarification, ability to actively participate in meetings; ability to write clearly and informatively.
• Computer Skills: Extensive knowledge and experience with accounting software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software; ability to type and enter data quickly and accurately.
• Continuous Learning: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
7192 W HWY 61, Tofte, MN 55615
- 79 Hits
- Since 11-16-20
- Posted by Ana Koch
North Shore Health Home Health has an opening for a Registered Nurse (RN). North Shore Health is a newly remodeled rural healthcare facility located in Grand Marais, MN. We are currently seeking a casual Registered Nurse (RN) for our Home Health…
East Bay Suites (an Odyssey Development & Resort Company) – Grand Marais, MN is currently hiring for the position of Front Desk Attendant. Full or Part Time, Seasonal or Year Round opportunities are available. Pay Range is reflective of experience…
Odyssey Resorts is currently hiring for the position of Housekeeper at East Bay Suites in Grand Marais, MN. The person we are seeking would be highly motivated and enjoys a fast-paced hotel setting. Seeking Part Time, Seasonal or Year-Round…
Seeking gracious, sales & hospitality-minded candidates for our award winning team. This Front Desk Manager position involves tasks such as greeting and interacting with guests, taking reservations, checking guests in and out, responding to guest…
Best Western Plus Superior Inn, downtown Grand Marais, is seeking applicants for our housekeeping department at this award winning hotel. Candidates should be reliable and dedicated to quality, service and cleanliness. Join our team for this year-round…