A great way to have a fun and rewarding summer is to join our team! The Cook County YMCA is now hiring for a seasonal Day Camp Counselor position. This position can be part-time or up to 40 hours a week now through September 3rd. Apply here today!
Pay and Benefits
The pay range for a Counselor is $13-$15/hour. The Counselor Aide position is $13-15/hour. Positions come with a FREE YMCA membership, discounts on childcare and camp, discounts on Y programs, and leadership training opportunities.
The Summer Kids Camp has operating hours of 7:45 am-5:15 pm, Monday-Friday. Shifts are often 10 hours and available most days of the week. If a candidate needs care for a child, openings can be arranged and employees receive a discount on the fees.
The Day Camp Counselor is required to adhere to and implement the mission, goals, and values of the YMCA within the local community. This involves delivering high-quality school-age child care in the YMCA service area. Day Camp Counselors provide a safe and fun atmosphere where children can make new friends, learn new skills, and enjoy being outside.
The Day Camp Counselor Aide will provide a safe and fun atmosphere where children can make new friends, learn new skills, and enjoy being outside.
1. Counselors must be 18 years old. Aides need to be at least 15 years old.
2. Able to accompany campers to main program areas, lead small and large group activities, supervise campers’ participation in structure and unstructured activities, demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of campers served, interact appropriately with campers and staff in all types of situations, appropriately model behavior and use of positive behavior management techniques.
3. Able to assist campers in emergencies (fire, severe weather, injury, etc.).
4. Must have enthusiasm, patience, creativity, common sense and a commitment to work with children, and the ability to build relationships with people.
5. Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR (YMCA provides this training during the first week of staff training) within 30 days of hire.
6. Ability to interact with all age levels.
7. Must be able to pass a YMCA employee background check.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply online to the "Cook County YMCA-Day Camp Counselor" or "Cook County YMCA - Day Camp Counselor Aide" listings on the YMCA jobs website here. For more information or questions, contact Betsy Blaisdell at 218-387-3386 x 503 or email@example.com.
The YMCA, where we are for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
105 West 5th Street
- 27 Hits
- Since 07-20-21
- Posted by Emily Marshall
Work here. Play here. Join the team at Odyssey Resorts! In addition to delivering exceptional service, we have a ton of fun here. We have programs unique to Odyssey Resorts that will help to make your career with us a lasting one. Here are just a few:…
Cellarman Voyageur Brewing- Grand Marais MN 55604 Voyageur Brewing Company is seeking to add a fulltime cellarperson to our growing team. This is a great way to start learning the brewing trade. No brewery experience needed. We will train you.…
Enjoy cleaning? The Best Western Plus Superior Inn is seeking friendly, energetic, detail-oriented applicants who will help create an extraordinary guest experience. Part-time year round positions and seasonal positions (i.e. during summer) with daytime…
Boreal Community Media is seeking journalism and technology interns! Come join our team and get paid, hands-on working experience and help build your resume or college portfolio. The candidates that we are seeking should be students in grades 10-12 with…
Naniboujou Lodge is looking for some teammates. Because of the unusual circumstances surrounding this year, we have a modified version of our normal season. We are looking for folks who want to join us for a day or two/week to full time. The season goes…