The Cook County YMCA is currently hiring a full-time Child Care Teacher at the Child Care Center. Apply today!
Join our dynamic team of employees dedicated to building strong and healthy kids! Work in a fun environment and connect to others in a healthy community. Contribute daily to the mission as part of a cause-driven non-profit organization. Providers give leadership, instruction, and supervision to participants ages 6 weeks -5 years. They provide a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises the children and all activities.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the Y.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally with students, parents and staff.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Assists with daily routines such as pottying, changing, napping, eating, hygiene, etc.
- Acts as role model for youth. Promotes and incorporates the Y four core values and character development.
- Follows all Y policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Complies with all licensing requirements.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by the State (paid training provided)
- To qualify at the teacher level, an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, college education in a related area, or a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential is preferred. Assistance for CDA training may be available. This qualification is not required for a child care aide position.
- At least 18 years of age
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
The program runs from Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 5:30pm. Hours and days are determined upon availability and open shifts.
Benefits include a free membership, discounts on store items, and reduced rates on programs. Full-time offers include a free family membership, paid time-off, and a competitive benefit package with health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
How To Apply:
Apply at the Cook County YMCA's online website by choosing the position listed as "Cook County YMCA- Child Care Provider." Apply here.
For questions or assistance, contact Betsy Blaisdell, Support Services Specialist. email@example.com.
The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
105 West 5th Street
- 38 Hits
- Since 07-06-19
- Posted by Emily Marshall
Want to join our team? Grand Marais Public Library is seeking a Part Time Library Clerk for year-round employment. Full details of the position are available through our website, which is linked below. Part Time Library Clerk Compensation: $15.31 per…
We at Cook County In-Home Support Program are passionate about enhancing quality of life for elders and disabled individuals living in Cook County. If you have a similar passion and need to supplement your current income, we would like to talk with you…
Do you love to roll down hills, look for bugs under logs, and splash in puddles? Come make adventures possible with Cooperation Station. We are hiring an assistant provider for our nature play based multi-age program. Spark the curiosity of our young…
North Shore Health has openings for a 40 hour per pay period Activities Assistant. The position is 20 hours per week/40 hours per pay period. North Shore Health is a newly remodeled rural healthcare facility located in Grand Marais, MN. North Shore…
Work here. Play here. Join the team at Odyssey Resorts! In addition to delivering exceptional service, we have a ton of fun here. We have programs unique to Odyssey Resorts that will help to make your career with us a lasting one. Here are just a few:…