The Cook County YMCA is currently hiring for a part-time Child Care Provider. Apply today!
Join our dynamic team of employees dedicated to building strong and healthy kids! Work in a fun environment and connect to others in a healthy community. Contribute daily to the mission as part of a cause-driven non-profit organization. Providers give leadership, instruction, and supervision to participants ages 6 months-5 years. They provide a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises the children and all activities.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the Y.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally with students, parents and staff.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Assists with daily routines such as pottying, changing, napping, eating, hygiene, etc.
- Acts as role model for youth. Promotes and incorporates the Y four core values and character development.
- Follows all Y policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Complies with all licensing requirements.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by the State (paid training provided)
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, college education in a related area, or a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential is preferred. Assistance for CDA training may be available.
- At least 18 years of age
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
The program runs from Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 5:30pm. Hours and days are determined upon availability and open shifts.
Benefits include a free membership, discounts on store items, and reduced rates on programs.
How To Apply:
Apply at the Cook County YMCA's online website by choosing the position listed as "Cook County YMCA- Child Care Provider." Apply here.
For questions or assistance, contact Betsy Blaisdell, Support Services Specialist. email@example.com.
The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
105 West 5th Street
- 49 Hits
- Since 09-07-18
- Posted by Emily Marshall
Beth’s Fudge & Gifts Is now hiring for sales/customer service position. Morning and evening shifts available, with flexible hours. Competitive pay based upon your work experience & passion for customer service. Perks include employee discounts on…
Best Western Plus Superior Inn, downtown Grand Marais, is seeking applicants for a maintenance position. Year round with daytime hours. Involves guest room and public area repairs, maintaining whirlpool, etc. Requires general carpentry, painting,…
Naniboujou Lodge & Restaurant is hiring! Part-time & full-time housekeeping positions are available from now through October 21, 2018 with limited winter employment possible. Naniboujou offers a fun and friendly work environment, competitive pay, an…
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior has a great opportunity available for a full-time, year-round Dining Room Server. If you have previous experience as a server and a dedication to providing excellent service to customers, we want to hear from you! This…