The Cook County YMCA is currently hiring an Aquatics Coordinator. This is a full-time, year-round position with benefits. Applicants must hold a current lifeguard certification or be able to complete a lifeguard certification class at the YMCA. Apply today!
Join our dynamic team of employees dedicated to the safety and service of pool visitors. Work in a fun environment and connect to others in a healthy community. Contribute daily to the mission as part of a cause-driven non-profit organization. The Aquatics Coordinator develops, organizes and implements high quality, safe, and member-focused YMCA aquatics programs.
1. Directs and supervises program activities such as swim lessons and swim team to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Oversees aquatics staff and volunteers including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, in-services, scheduling, reviews, and evaluations of performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve department and Y goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3. Oversees internal and external safety training including CPR, First Aid, AED, Bloodborne Pathogen, and specific program trainings. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR in-services and trainings.
4. Maintains a Certified Pool Operator license and monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
5. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
6. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
7. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
8. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
9. Serves as a member of the leadership team and provides support to the branch by working weekly Staff on Duty shifts, being a team-player, and having flexibility.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum 1 year experience in Aquatics programming, preferably at a YMCA, required. Experience in supervision preferred.
3. Required Certifications: CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens; Lifeguarding; Swim Instructor.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
This full-time job offers a benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, and retirement. Benefits also include a free family membership and reduced rates on programs.
How To Apply
View the complete job description and apply online: YMCA Jobs. Choose the position titled "Cook County YMCA - Aquatics Coordinator".
For questions, contact Betsy Blaisdell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-387-3386 ext 503.
The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
105 West 5th Street
- 80 Hits
- Since 10-08-19
- Posted by Emily Marshall
I need to have the roof on my cabin replaced with metal. Shed roof approx 15X18 with two rectangle skylights and a stovepipe plus a 4X6 porch roof. Please contact me if interested. The cabin is located at 176 Arrowhead Trail, Hovland. Thanks, Patrick…
Cook County Historical Society seeks a Museum Manager. Major duties include care of historic collections, coordination of volunteers, scheduling events and programs, public relations and tours, fundraising, historic research, graphic design, and gift shop…
North Shore Health has part-time 40 hours per pay period position available for a Health Unit Coordinator. Duties include but are not limited to: clerical, staffing, patient/resident care, supply management, sterile processing, and colonoscopy…
Production is booming and we need one more person for our sawmill! Do you like working with your hands and being around machinery? Make $14/hr with no experience required, plus a review, raise, and full benefits eligibility after just 90 days! Day…
RN – Triage and Care Coordination Sawtooth Mountain Clinic is seeking a full-time RN to work with our Triage and Care Coordination teams. Triage duties involve coordinating and responding to incoming phone calls to nurses or providers. Care Coordination…